Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Friday, November 12, 2010

We're Halfway There

In the years of your youth, you were taught to be strong.
For the whole of your life, no matter how long.
But circumstance today would have you believe,
That you don’t need Christ, and that you’re doing fine.
Satan also wants you to think this is so,
But please, don’t fall away and never let go.

We’re halfway there, now don’t be scared, cause I’ll be there to catch you when you fall.
 We’ll help each other to stand above all.
Don’t give up now cause,
We’re halfway there.

The prize is so close now, I can almost taste it.
But it will be sweeter if you’re with me, it’s seems proper and fit.
I promise you that your suffering is worth much.
Let’s do this together so the pain is isn’t a bunch.

We’re halfway there, now don’t be scared, cause I’ll be there to catch you when you fall.
 We’ll help each other to stand above all.
Don’t give up now cause,
We’re halfway there.

 I promise to stay with you if you promise to stay with me.
I need help as well, so promise me please,
That you will stay faithful and true as I will to you.

I love you and want to be with you,
In case you never knew.
So let’s both get to heaven.
Sound like a plan to you?

We’re halfway there, now don’t be scared, cause I’ll be there to catch you when you fall.
 We’ll help each other to stand above all.
Don’t give up now cause,
We’re halfway there.
We’re halfway there.
I promise you that we’re halfway there.
Halfway there,
Halfway there.
Halfway there.


This is another poem I wrote sometime ago. I came up with the chorus (including the tune) while I was walking across my Grandma's driveway in Wyoming. Yea, I know, it's pretty weird that inspiration should hit me right at that time, but it did. Once again, I have no idea what I was thinking, but I have a good guess.
There are three songs that have caught my attention.
"Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
"Halfway There" by Big Time Rush
"Halfway There" by Rise Against
I enjoy these songs very much. The idea of being "halfway there" and persevering is quite empowering. So, looking at my views on life, I wrote this song. I'm thinking it will need more work, but it's pretty good so far, I think. I'll get the notes to the chorus on here sometime, I just need to find a piano layout or something.



5 comments:

  1. I like it. It's a great concept. The whole halfway there thing is truly inspiring. THe best thing I think is where you got your inspiration from. Your grandma's driveway in Wyoming. I can understand how this can be inspiring. It would be to me too. You have great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for the compliment, but the inspiration just hit me on the driveway, not because of it. Well, I don't think it was the driveway. I'm puzzled as to how a driveway can be connected to this song. Nice observation though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Well, I can see it... Maybe it's just me... Then again, I get inspiration from everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it!! :D I need to get Livin' on a Prayer on my MP4 soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh.... the last week of second term...... halfway there. -.-

    ReplyDelete