Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Great Songs of Love- Introduction

Love is an amazing thing. Not the worldly love that seems to be today's standard. I mean the unconditional, Heavenly love that creates eternal bonds. Love is so amazing, it's a subject worthy of music. Actually, the reverse is true. Music is worthy enough to sing of love. Unfortunately, as many of you may know, people don't seem to understand the power of love and music. Instead of singing about true love, the love that conquers all things, even death, they have other things to sing of that they see as more important. They would rather talk about the "sexy" features of a girl, like the frontal, upper portion of the body and her bottom. They would rather talk about how good she is at "pleasing him." Instead of singing true love, they sing worldly love. Honestly, these songs disgust me. How dare they speak of a girl so irreverently! That is a daughter of God that they're using, and they have the audacity to sing about her like that!? Woman are to be respected, not used as toys! Not only that, they're degrading their own souls in the process!


Luckily, to my unmeasurable joy, there are still COUNTLESS songs that speak of real love. The only difference between the Real and Unreal is that the nasty songs seem to be more mainstream. Here's an example.
 I have a game called "Tap Tap Revenge," which is sort of like a "Rock Band" game for iPod. It's a great game and all, but there's one thing I can't seem to get: Why does a game like this have to have so much crap on it? The most heavily advertised and bought games seem to be those that are really obscene and immoral. Just to prove my point, here is a small sample of the raunchy trash.  They have 15 songs by Lady Gaga, 10 songs by Katy Perry, 12 or so songs by Nickleback, 4 songs by 3Oh!3, and the list goes on and on. Nearly every song that those artists are absolute CRAP. I like only three songs by Nickleback, two by Lady Gaga, and two by Katy Perry. As for 3Oh!3, they're just crude. If you don't want a catchy song with disgusting lyrics caught in your head, don' listen to them!
So anyway, all of those songs and many more are heavily advertised. Sex sells, that's just a fact. But, there are MANY songs that still respect love. Those are the ones that truly make a difference in the world.
So, that brings me to today's topic: Great Songs of Love. These songs strike deep in me. So deep, I consider them favorites. These are the true geniuses of lyrical writing, the ones that I respect. So hopefully, they won't come to disappoint me.
Over the next week or so, I will post some songs concerning this topic. I'll try to get one on every two days.

4 comments:

  1. Those songs... :(

    My sister found a game for her iPod, I can't remember what it was called, but it let you play with any song you have on your iPod at the moment. She says she liked it a lot! :) I think it was like an adventure game.

    I've found a few songs by Lady Gaga that are pretty good, including a surprising song called "Eh Eh." She does sing a bunch of bad stuff, though, as my Pandora Radio occasionally reminds me. :P I don't really listen to Katy Perry, but I know at least one or two songs by her that are okay, and the rest aren't worth listening too. *shudder* Nickelback has some good songs, I only listen to the ones my mom shows me, but other than that I've only heard one or two songs by him I didn't like. :) I've heard only small parts of songs by 3Oh!3...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never listen to "Animals" by Nickleback. And don't go listening to it just because I told you not to.
    I think it was "How You Remind Me," "Photographs," and "Somebody" that were good though.

    But if you don't want to be scarred for life, don't listen to "Don't Trust Me" by 3Oh!3. Every single song that I've heard by them is absolute crap. It would be a miracle if I heard a non-raunchy song by those guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't! :) Also, they did good ones named "If Everyone Cared" and "Savin' Me" that were pretty good. :)

    Ew, I think I've heard of that song. XP I haven't listened to it, but my friend started ranting about how bad that song was - and she's one of those people who likes not very good songs. XP XP XP XP XP XP XP XP XP XP XP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 3OH!3 now..... haha. Including that song. Still not the best song morally though.

    ReplyDelete