Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"The Man Who Can't Be Moved" by The Script

Going back to the corner where I first saw you
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move
Got some words on cardboard, got your picture in my hand
Saying if you see this girl can you tell her where I am

Some try to hand me money, they don't understand
I'm not broke I'm just a broken hearted man
I know it makes no sense, but what else can I do
How can I move on when I'm still in love with you

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street

So I'm not moving
I'm not moving

Policeman says son you can't stay here
I said there's someone I'm waiting for if it's a day, a month, a year
Gotta stand my ground even if it rains or snows
If she changes her mind this is the first place she will go

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you see me waiting for you on the corner of the street

So I'm not moving
I'm not moving
I'm not moving
I'm not moving

People talk about the guy
Who's waiting on a girl, oh whoa
There are no holes in his shoes
But a big hole in his world

Maybe I'll get famous as the man who can't be moved
And maybe you won't mean to but you'll see me on the news
And you'll come running to the corner
'Cause you'll know it's just for you

I'm the man who can't be moved
I'm the man who can't be moved

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we meet
Oh, you see me waiting for you on a corner of the street

So I'm not moving
('Cause if one day you wake up, find that you're missing me)
I'm not moving
(And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be)
I'm not moving
(Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet)
I'm not moving
(Oh, you see me waiting for you on a corner of the street)

Going back to the corner where I first saw you
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move



Here's the music video-

Here's a live acoustic version with the background story and inspiration-

And just for kicks, here's Jay Sean Singing it and giving his opinion on the song-

Have you ever gotten a song stuck in your head that you wish you could get out? If you answered no, then you're lying, but that's not the point. Unlike "Don't Trust Me" or "Love Game," which are both quite terrible, I actually, on purpose, got this song stuck in my head. Why? Because I have wanted to write about this song for awhile and getting it to repeat over and over in my head really got me to think on it. I now realize that this is a great song to reverberate your eardrums on end. It's clean, it has a fabulous composition, and the meaning is wonderful! This is now one of my favorite songs for this reason.

Before I go further, I must ask you this: Where is the girl? The first possible answer is that she is somewhere where the guy can't find her. The man can no longer contact her, whether by circumstance or by the girls doing. The other reason would be he feels like he can't. He can't simply show up on her doorstep. He has to prove himself to her again. Hence, the reason why he is there.

A question pops into my mind when I hear this song. What happened between the man and woman? There are a few possible theories.


1. The man is to blame. He either did many things to let this girl down, or some big secret was exposed, and the girl became angry, thus breaking the relationship between them. He now feels that in order to get her back, he must do something to show his devotion to her again.

2. The girl is to blame. She didn't think she was good enough for him, and now the man is sitting at the corner as if to say "This is how much I love you. I Will Not Move Until You Realize That I Love You."

3. They are both to blame. They both messed up and the guy is saying "We can still make this work."

So, either way, this song is undoubtedly amazing. It tells a story in such a poetic way. It's about a man's unfaltering love for a girl. This is one thing true love is based upon, always being there for each other. In the music video, it shows MANY seasons going by. When this guy says he can't be moved, he isn't lying.

So, I must ask, are you like this? Do you love someone that much? You don't have to sit at a corner, but are you there for the ones you love when they need you? Even if they don't love you back, are you still ready to love? I hope we can all someday say, "I'm the one who can't be moved." It's love so strong, NOTHING will move you in your convictions.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

5 comments:

  1. I definitely have people I love (in a friend/family way) that I would be like this guy for. It would totally be worth it. I would never EVER leave. Especially for my sister/BFF Julia. You know all about that. A person who is going to stay anonymous once told me I love so much, so fiercely, and so passionately about everything, I love the people I hate the most. I would kill all the ones I love the most to put them out of their misery of living in this world. The one thing that stops me is the thought of everything that I love about this world. The hope that it will someday, maybe, be better. In killing them I would deprive them of making their own way in the world I love/hate. I am going to write a theory on it when I get older and more accomplished and knowledgeable in psychology. The feeling where you love something so much you hate it. Or hate something so much you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that's going to make me think for quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sister seem to go pretty deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Random comment. You and your sister are also quite cool. :3

    ReplyDelete