Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Favorite Music

For this post, I was going to make a list of favorite, but in reality, choosing a favorite artist is like choosing which family member you love the most. It's just not possible. I can name what artists I hate, but that's pretty easy. I will say this though. For reasons unknown, The Killers and Train really seem to stand out. Maybe it's because I find them unique. The Killers are an alternative rock band, but they have a unique sound. It's hard to explain, but I know it to be true. Maybe it's the heavy use of synthesizers. I really can't tell. Train does rock as well, but they seem to have a folk style or something. They also make use of pianos and string instruments, which I love.

So, my favorite music is the kind that involves more than just the standard electric guitar, bass, and drums. I love the many other instruments as well. String instruments create the most phenomenal sound. Brass and woodwinds seem to add the 'boom' in music, and pianos, organs, and synthesizers make a song even more better. So you can understand a little more, here are few songs to listen to-

"Brick by Brick"

"Drops of Jupiter"

"This Ain't Goodbye"

The beginning of "You Already Know"

These four songs are by Train. While you're at it, listen to there other songs. I've only heard them swear once out of all the songs I've heard. (It's in the song, "Save Me San Fransisco." It says the D-word.)

Some more examples-

"Eleanor Rigby" by The Beatles

"Viva La Vida"

"Fix You"

Both by Coldplay

"Bones" by The Killers

Ect.

"Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" by Fall Out Boy is an excellent example, but unfortunately, the lyrics are not really the lyrics you want to be thinking of all day. This really ticks me off because I love that song but the lyrics do not meet my standards all the way.

In other-words, I don't like solid, pure rock. All the different sounds create beautiful works of musical and poetic art.

So, now that I've told you my Favorite style, I want to know what you like. Also, name a band or two to give me an idea. The reason being because if you say something like "rock," I won't really get a good idea. But if name a band, I can associate the term rock with a specific sub-genre.

I am eagerly waiting for your answer.

3 comments:

  1. I really love Train. I used to listen to The Killers a lot as well. However, I listen to a lot of Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20 most of the time.

    I like Coldplay as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a lot of different music, even stuff people classify as "goth" can be pretty, like the stuff Within Temptation sings. (The name is kind of weird, but they have really good music.) Other than that, I also like Coldplay (Viva La Vida is my favorite song!!!!! :D), Kelly Clarkson, Cascada, and a whole ton of other songs. :) Let's see... uh...

    Castle in the Sky, by DJ Satomi
    Your Guardian Angel, by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Anthem of the Angels, by Breaking Benjamin
    Remedy, by Little Boots

    I used to really like a song called "Let it Rock," but that was before I looked at the lyrics. Afterwards, I wasn't so sure. 'O.O Don't look it up, or, if you do, just end the song at the part the kind-of-rapping part comes in. :P

    I have tons of songs I like... those are only a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh; another band I like is Fireflight. :D

    ReplyDelete