Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Heaphones Secret.

I have discovered two really cool things to do with headphones. The first one is quite interesting. If you pull the connector of your headphones, the low vocals, low notes and bass either nearly disappear or go away entirely. When I did this on "Hey Soul Sister," the vocals and Ukulele sounded wavy, and not much change happened. But soon, as it progressed to the chorus, I could clearly hear a piano being played, especially during the chorus. I never even noticed a piano. On "Fireflies" and "Viva La Vida," vocals disappear. The way to do this is hard to describe, but I will try to describe it. You pull at the end slightly so it's not completely in, but not enough for it to slip out. I would suggest you just tug at it slowly until you hear a change. Try it, it's AWESOME!

The second cool thing is not actually a secret, but I never noticed it until today. I was listening to "Uncle Jonny" by The Killers, and I had a single had phone in my ear and the the other was hanging. But I decided that I should switch ears, so I grabbed the headphone that was hanging and put that one in my ear and took the other out. I was amazed when the riffing electric guitars turned into bass and drums. I switched again, and the tune also switched back.

So, find a song and try these out. I don't know what songs work with the second example, but it's cool if you can find one.

1 comment:

  1. Huh, that sounds interesting, I didn't know you could do that! I'll try it out later; my internet connection won't load video or sound for some reason right now. :P

    What I like about headphones is that you get stereo, which I think is what you were describing. It sounds cool, doesn't it? :D I can entertain myself for quite a while just by switching ear buds.... :)

    Also, if you watch a movie while listening to music, it's HILARIOUS!!!! I was watching Prince Caspian, and it was at one of the intense parts, but me and my sister were laughing really hard because of the music and timing of the movie... :) You really should try it sometime! :D

    ReplyDelete