Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

"This Love, This Hate" by Hollywood Undead

This is probably my second favorite song by Hollywood Undead right next to "Young," an equal favorite. And yes, this is a rap-like song. I was going to go into depth of why you should listen to this song despite the rap stereo-type, but I went into too much detail and decided I would make a separate post on it. So here's the main point I was going to make. Give all music a chance. Just because it's rap doesn't mean it's trash.
Once again, lyrics in italics, my stuff <(like this.)>

In a time of need, only few can see what's wrong. Millions tend to crawl,
but only those who choose can make it through this all.


<(This is not only pretty obvious, but a good way to start this song. It's saying that in times of trouble or in any difficult situation even, only a few people can recognize the problem. Others just don't seem to grasp it. Out of these two groups, there's still a third- Those who choose to do something about the problem.)>


Only few can sing like lions 'cause we sing until we're gone.
And we’ve got each others backs until we're back where we belong.


<(As you read these lyrics, you should realize that there are many references to songs and singing. A lion is known as the "King of the Jungle." A magnificent animal. There are some people who are like this. Popular, powerful, influential, kind, etcetera, etcetera. I think It's saying that these people are the ones who keep on doing good with whatever trait they have until death. The second line tells us that we MUST work as a team until we get to Heaven. (Or the second coming, whichever comes first.))>


A woman held my shield and through the battles we did wrong.
A man who taught me wisdom through the static we recall.



<(These lines seem to say a women helped this guy through life, but they also made mistakes. (This suggests (or more so hints) that a husband is not complete without a wife and vice-versa.) 'Static' could be a reference to television, which makes sense because a lot of what we do today is watch it. Wisdom though is not a common thing unless you watch 'Discovery' or 'BYU TV' or something like that. This line seems contradictory because of this. Static could also mean that people were trying to get through to someone, but that help and advise came through a little 'staticy' or unclear.)>  

And maybe when we' re gone our names will echo through the stars.
Every start's got it's ending even when we've learned to rise above it all.



<(This guy is saying that we may be remembered or at least influential to the world all the way down to a single person. (Remember D&C 18:10, 15-16 for an example.) Even when we learn to rise above all evil, we're going to die. That's what I feel it's saying. So, although it doesn't specifically state it, I'm going to point something VERY important. Since we do have a sort of 'ending' to this life, make it good and work to help others. Make life an adventure and do something you can be proud of. Do some service. Do SOMETHING.)>



((Chorus))
These lies are leading me astray.
its too much for me to stay.
I don't wanna live this destiny.
it goes on endlessly.



<(Lies are leading this guy off the right path, and it's becoming to much for him to withstand. Therefore, he's leaving behind his former life. He doesn't want to live this doomed destiny which just seems to never end. He wants a "Heavenly" destiny.)>



I see you, so please stay strong.
I'll sing you one last song and then I'm gone.



<(I think he's talking about a girl here. He's with the girl right now, but he can't be with her. He just can't live a good life with her, or vice-versa.)>

I don't wanna live this destiny.
It goes on endlessly.
((End of Chorus))


And we once also had a story too.

You can see that good men only come in few.


<(The term 'story' might mean life. "We 'once' had" might mean life has sort of gone dreary or not so productive. Or it could be a reference to death. "Men" could be the term for "mankind" or "male." Either way, there are a lot of bad people. People who would fool or hurt you.)> 

Even in our greatest moments, we may win or we may lose
Every song's got it's rules, you've got to learn to make it through.



<(Even in the most heroic moments in life, it may not always turn out as we expected or even in a good way. Life has it's rules and limits. (Although the limit is unbelievingly unrestricted.) Following these "rules" (which could be "commandments") allow you to succeed or at least survive in life. (In which case you'll get into Heaven.)

Maybe one day we can choose how it feels to be a woman or a man
Without rules, but burried underneath there's a picture glued.



<(These lines are quite hard to interpret. It may mean that we can learn how it feels to be like the other. Would men be disrespectful of woman if they knew how it felt? Would we be calling everything gay if we actually knew what it meant to be gay? Maybe the next line says that there are no rules to this experience, but we need to learn something from it. We all probably agree that it's quite impossible to change gender and what-not, but we can IMAGINE it. Try hard to really put yourself in another's shoes.)> 

So when my body burns in ashes, only sing the truth.

Let these words strengthen all your views
because these words were meant for you.


<(Pretty simple. "When I die, don't lie about my life to others and make me look all great. I want people to learn from my mistakes and victories. Let them strengthen you because they were for you. (It could also be saying that the words in the song should strengthen you too.))>

((Chorus))



((Rap-ish Section))
An' now I'm floatin' right above my coffin. as it closes, I look down.

I see Sigh as she's cryin on my moma's shoulder.


<(Sigh is either a nickname for the sister of one of the band members or fictional character's name.)>


I look up into the sky as the gates to heaven open. Somethin's wrong.


<(This guy's wondering if it's his time to go and if he did all he was supposed to do in life.)> 

is this destiny or am I goin' home?



<(This is a little hard to understand. I think he may be wondering if his time on Earth is up and he isn't really needed anymore. He's done all he supposed to do their. Beside that thought, he's worried that his time on Earth was cut short for some reason. Not meaning he died young, but that he died, yet he was still needed on Earth.)>

What will happen to my soul? Will I come back? I don't know.
Will you meet me when its over? Let me know.

You can meet me here in heaven, don't you ever let me go.


<(This last part telling his loved ones to never forget him and to ALWAYS live righteously so they can be together again in Heaven.)> 


((End of Rap-ish Version))

This love, this hate is burning me away.



<(Feelings and emotions are hurting him. It's like in the book "Rise of the Shadow Plague" when that centaur dies from an inner struggle between good and evil. Life is a killer.  

((Chorus))


This love this hate is burning me away (x2)

No comments:

Post a Comment