Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Challenge

I've been sitting here a while now,
trying to come up with a poem.
It might have been an easy task
except it was free verse.
I had to use syllables and not rhyme.
That was a stumper.
I think using syllables would be easier
if I could rhyme.
But alas, if I must learn, I am
to push my limits. So I do this poem
with much glee.
I thought
I pondered
I typed
And I erased.
I thought
I pondered
I typed
And I erased again.
I thought of rap
Inspiration struck
I wrote
And I wrote
And I wrote.
And then....
I erased again.
It just wasn't working.
So, I came up with this poem.
I know I need to practice,
but I know I can do it.
And with that,
I think
I Am
Done.



This poem is for creative writing. Like I stated, I need to work more on free-verse, but I'll get there

3 comments: