Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Friday, December 10, 2010

Train

Train is a sort of folk-rock band from San Fransisco. It is Composed of Pat Monahan, who is the lead vocalist, Jimmy Stafford, who is also the vocalist and guitarist, and Scott Underwood, the percussionist. They are an amazing band and probably one of my favorites. They make such awesome songs, and I love every single one of them. They even won two Grammy awards for their song "Drops of Jupiter." The songs they write are beautiful and fun. Not only that, I haven't found one song by them that talks about lust. They talk of actual love! I find that pretty dang awesome. In fact, there's a line in the song "Marry Me" that states "you wear white and I wear out the words 'I love you' and 'you're beautiful.' That line is both clever and beautiful. Not only that, "you wear white" suggests that this girl has been chaste in her life. It's a tradition to wear white at your wedding if that is the case. So this guy (Pat Monahan) seems to respect the law of chastity. They also use a whole lot of string instruments such as cellos and violins, which is WAAAAAAAY awesome. So, I just wanted to give a little thoughts on this magnificent band. Here are some songs to listen to as well.

"Marry Me" and "Marry Me (First Dance Mix)" The mix is not a techno version, despite the name.

"Brick by Brick"

"This Ain't Goodbye" This was co-written by Pat Monahan and Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic, so if you like that band, you should like this song.

"Words"

"I Got You" This song samples, meaning contains lyrics of, the Doobie Brother's "Black Water."

"Parachute"

While you're at it, listen to everything else. They're all awesome. The album "Save Me San Fransisco" is excellent. I actually bought it. The song of the same name says the D-word though. Just thought I should warn you. It's an awesome song though.

3 comments: