Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Celebrities

What makes a celebrity so special that we have to document every single thing they do. The minute someone like Angelina Jolie farts, TMZ has to document it like the world's biggest blunder. If one of them makes a stupid comment, they make it seem deeper than it really is or dirty. As everyone knows, we all make mistakes, but why is it that every blunder, whether it be past or present, is put on the front page and made bigger and badder than it really is? Everything is made to look like the celebrity is the scum of the Earth. If a break-up happens, someone is always an absolute "monster." And that brings me to another thing. What is up with all the break-ups, cheatings, and one-night stands? Have these celebrities forgotten what love is? I swear, it's like all these people met in a bar, drunk. It's just so insane. The reason I'm talking about this is because I went to Smith's tonight. I saw all of these magizines talking about how much this person's life suck because of some one else. One of these was talking about some girl and a guy named Brad (No, I don't think it was Brad Pitt.) I don't know what the story is on this guy and girl, but I swear, I've seen stories on these two people and their relationship for three years or so. It's not that that gets to me though. The thing that gets to me is the fact that they've all been about how Brads a monster and how the relationship isn't going good and all that other celebrity gossip. What's up with that? I don't know if I'm pulling earlier memories too far back or if it's a different set of people, but either way, it's annoying.

I can understand if you want to keep up with a celebrities current affairs out of curiosity. They might be really influential, and you want to know what they think on something. Sometimes, you might want to see if he's a hypocrite even. What people are doing though is not curiosity, it's just gossip. I might want to read or watch an interview with Pat Monahan or maybe some report on him, but I don't want to know what embarrassing thing he did or what scandal he's in. I really don't care and he needs his privacy. That would tick me off like no other if I were famous. I don't want to disclose every single little detail of what I'm doing in life. I would probably be known as the "paparazzi hater" since the questions paparazzi ask are really stupid. I might go crazy on camera and not even care.


My mom walked in and I told her what I was writing. In response, she brought up a very good point. If I knew that Brandon Flowers was here in Kaysville, she asked "would you go down to see him?"
"Heck yea."
"Why?"
"Uhh, because he's...... awesome and.. doesn't make crap like Lady Gaga."
That's how the conversation began. She told me that if I were to see a tabloid on The Killers, I would totally read it, which is true. She told me that I'm really no different from these other people who read tabloids. I kinda disagree though because I don't read them to make myself feel better than a celebrity who may be fat or something. Nevertheless, she's right. So I guess I shouldn't have gotten so critical before thinking of myself. So I admit it, I'm not perfect. I STILL don't care to know what every little thing they're doing. I said previously that if there was an interview or report, I would read it. Some people read them though to make themselves feel better. I don't. They're just theater nerds (as my mom says) who happen to make a whole lot more money than the average guy or girl. (And no, I'm not making fun of people in theater class. I'm in theater myself, so that would really weird if I was.) So anyway, don't depend on tabloids to lift your self esteem.
Bye.

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting. I agree with you on most of the points. I think what your mom said was funny.

    ReplyDelete