Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Collection of Posts- Forgiveness, A Start, A Poem, My Extended Version of "Young," and More Info On Hollywood Undead.

Okay, it's nearly killed me, but I've restrained myself from posting so the posts I wrote actually got read instead of skipped over. So here I am, sitting at the computer, ready to write some things I have been wanting to write for a few days now. But instead of making a separate post for each thing, I'm going to do it all in one post. So.... Here I go-

Forgiveness
Last Tuesday, in seminary, we talked about forgiveness. It was a really good lesson, but there's something specific that I wanted to point out. Brother Wood pointed out the fact that the revelation in D&C:64 was given on September 11, 1831. Brother Wood didn't say anything specific, but he said that he was sure this was "no coincidence" that it was given on this day. As we all (should) know, one of America's worst moments took place on September 11, 2001, the terrorist attacks. So I'm not 100% sure what he was referring to specifically, but my guess is is that he was saying we should forgive the terrorists. I have no idea who else he could have been referring too.. It may seem absolutely insane, but it doesn't really when you think about it. God told us to forgive ALL MEN, (and woman, but you know what I mean) no matter what it was they did. I know that if I were to announce this on t.v. or something, I might end the day in the ER, but it seems logical. Yes, these terrorists brought a living nightmare upon New York City, The Pentagon, three airplanes, and the soul of all that witnessed it, but they are sons of God and deserve to be loved by him the same as any other person. What they did was horrible beyond all comprehension, but God still loves them. That being said, they too deserve forgiveness. It sound absolutely mad, but I have a feeling it's true. I know it's possible. Just look to Joseph Smith or Brother Williams for an example. (We learned about this guy too in seminary) Because of a letter written by a guy I can't remember, (the one who wrote many of the hymns) the saints and Joseph had to go through so much agony. Despite it all, Joseph was still friends with the guy afterwards. Brother Williams was able to forgive the kid who was drunk even though he killed his wife and two kids. So, even though forgiving a terrorist might be really insane, it should be done.

A Start
This is the beginning of a song. It's the chorus so far, but unfortunately, I can't tell you how to play it cause I don't know how to play the piano myself, but anyway, here it is-


I’m sorry what for what I’ve done.
I’m sorry for what I’ve become.
And I’m sorry that I’ve been this way.
But I promise you that I’ll start changing today.


I have a little bit more, but it will need work. For some reason, I keep thinking of Nickleback singing this. Dang, I wish I could somehow show you the tune because it's just so awesome! I'll post it once I figure it out. Oh, and the third line may be replaced with "And I'm sorry for the things I've said." But anyway, there it is.

A Poem
Despite the fact that I don't post too many poems, I actually have a few in reserve. I just haven't felt that it was the right time to post them. But today, I'll post one here.

One, two, I’ll buckle your shoe.
Three, four, I’ll hold the door.
Five, six, I’ll pick up your sticks.
Seven, eight, you need a break.
You need a break.
You need a break.

Service shows how much you care.
Service shows that you’ll be there.
If they ever need someone,
They know that you’ll be there to show them love.

Oh,

Life ain’t worth living if it’s all for myself,
It’s only worth living if it’s for someone else.
Help someone in need.
Service makes your life complete.
If you help someone,
It’s helping your father from above.

One, two, go out and do.
Three, four, go do some more.
Five, six, your neighbor’s sick.
Seven, eight, oh, does it feel great?

Oh, does it feel great?
 Oh, does it feel great?

Service shows how much you care.
Service shows that you’ll be there.
If they ever need someone,
They know that you’ll be there to show them love.


Oh,

Life ain’t worth living if it’s all for myself,
It’s only worth living if it’s for someone else.
Help someone in need.
Service makes your life complete.
If you help someone,
It’s helping your father from above

One, two, now you got the flue.
Three, four, can’t do your chore.
Five, six, your neighbor’s picking your sticks.
Seven, eight, you get a break.
You get a break.
You get a break.

Oh,
Service shows how much you care.
Service shows that you’ll be there.
When you’re always there for someone,
They’ll come right back to show you love.


Life ain’t worth living if it’s all for myself,
It’s only worth living if it’s for someone else.
You helped someone in need,
and now there returning that loving deed.
If you’ve ever helped someone,
You’ll get back help from everyone.

It’s a blessing.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Again, awesome tune, but no way to prove it.

My Extended Version of "Young"
If you read my post on the song, you'll get this verse a little more. If you haven't go read it.
This is an extra verse that I have written to fit my interpretation of the song. I'm thinking that it would go
1.Chorus
2.Verse 1
3.Verse 2
4.Altered Hook (The line that begins"so we march to the drums..." except it's altered.)
5.Chorus (with a small alteration)
6."We will fight or we will fall..."


We wander with no aim,and
it soon becomes a shame.
For the Father of all lies, it now becomes a game.
Need direction in our life so that we can win the fight.
Now we finally see the light, now to the sky we finally fly.

Even though we walk alone, against all we've ever known.
We can all look up to Christ cause it's with him we'll find our home.
We all know who we are, and with our souls and our hearts,
We'll be others to the alter cause it won't fall apart.

We don't march to the drums of the devil as we come
We're in shade out of sun, can't go numb!

We are young, but we have heart
born in this world as it all falls apart
We are strong, yea, we do belong
to mend this world as it all falls apart

We will fight, or we will fall
till the angels save us all

(And it goes on from there)
So there you go.

More Info on Hollywood Undead
I know you may be tired with me talking about this song, but keep reading anyway. I'm going to save you from going deaf.
Turns out, these guys do talk a little about drinking and sex is everywhere in there songs. It's like rap, only three-times as raunchy. I was trying to find some more good songs by these guys, and I did, but I found a lot more crap. Although my "Undead" statistic was wrong, it's not any better. it's EPICALLY RAUNCHY. I found a song called "Circles" which was pretty decent. I mean it was completely appropriate, it just wasn't my favorite. "Sell Your Soul" was appropriate in language, but it's both depressing and a little violent. It's still good though. "This Love, This Hate" is probably just as amazing as "Young." It's a tad bit depressing, but it has an amazing composition. Other than those songs, all other songs I found might give my mom a heart attack! Oh, and my mom didn't even know who Hollywood Undead was, so it's not banned. YAY!

If you had the perseverance to read this all, thank-you! And comments are appreciated.....A lot................................................................................................................................................................................................bye.
(And no, the way the last half of this post is formatted is not my fault. The rap is formatted as follows, and the very first two lines are one. It goes four, four, two, and four. If you follow this format for lines, you should see the similarities in this song with the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment