Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Short Story Idea + Character(s)

I had trouble coming up with a plot for my character. Based on who he was, it was going to be the journey from Wyoming to Australia, but the details and whatnot were difficult. Plus, that would've been a hard thing to come up with in thirty pages. So, I went to a rich resource, King of the Hill. The show is a view on everyday problems and American culture. So, looking at what I have for my character so far, (which will most likely change as my story goes) I came up with a pretty decent plot.

Jackson Perth, an ophiologist, lives on the second floor of an apartment located in the fictional city of Smithtown,  Utah. He has a few teenage out-of-high school neighbors who currently do not attend a college. He and his other neighbors soon get quite tired of the shenanigans of these teens. They want the landlord to kick them out, but he refuses. He doesn't want to lose his younger customers, but he realizes that he can't lose the other half. He tells them that they must figure it out themselves first. If they don't succeed, he'll fix it himself. They plan and try, but none of their plans work. Jackson, now seeing the need for the teens to stay put, finds an unusual way to figure out a plan. (a way that I sorta know of, but can't tell you of yet because it's a surprise.) The rest is how it is resolved.

That's about all I have that I can reveal without spoiling it, but I'll give you a hint. (It has to do with what he is.)

3 comments:

  1. I only have one question; what's an ophiologist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The study of snakes. I think that's going to be really important in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, sounds interesting! :D Let me read it when you're done!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete