Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Train + Romeo and Juliet = "This Ain't Goodbye" (And Some More Crazy Stuff.)

I absolutely love the band Train. I've also found that I'm starting to love Shakespeare. One day, (I don't know how) it came to me that "This Ain't Goodbye" (Co-written by Pat Monahan [of Train] and Ryan Tedder [of OneRepublic]) can be related to the story of "Romeo and Juliet." The songs sings of an impossible love, which is the case of Romeo and Juliet's. Let me explain.

I'm assuming that everyone reading this has some idea of Heaven. (Doesn't matter what religion.) Let's cut to the end of the play. Romeo has poisoned himself and Juliet has stab herself. One of these two lovers are now telling the other that although they've died, "this ain't goodbye." It's not the end of their lives and their love.

Here are the lyrics and the comparisons below-


You and I were friends from outer space
Afraid to let go
The only two who understood this place
And as far as we know



(Out of all the Montagues and Capulets, they are the only two who see past the hate.)

We were way before our time
As bold as we were blind
Just another perfect mistake
Another bridge to take on the way to letting go



("Doth with their death bury their parents' strife." There love was never accepted, and their death is what finally made it so. Even so, they were determined to beat the odds.)

This ain't goodbye
This is just where love goes
When words aren't warm enough
To keep away the cold

Oh no, this ain't goodbye
It's not where our story ends
But I know you can't be mine
Not the way you've always been



(Before death, Juliet, being a Capulet, could never really have been Romeo's. [Not in the possessive way.] But now death has set them free, in a way. They will now soon be with each other again.)

As long as we've got time
Then this ain't goodbye
Oh no, this ain't goodbye

We were stars up in the sunlit sky
That no one else could see
Neither of us thought to ever ask why
It wasn't meant to be



(It didn't matter if one was a Capulet or a Montague. They loved each other, and even when others didn't understand, they never bothered with the details. Romeo love Juliet, Juliet Loved Romeo. It was not "Montague loves Capulet and Capulet love Montague. That name didn't matter.)

Maybe we were way too high to ever understand
Baby, we were victims of all
All the foolish plans
We began to divide

(Sadly, even hate destroyed the two youths. They were victims.)

But this ain't goodbye
This is just where love goes
When words aren't warm enough
To keep away the cold

Oh no, this ain't goodbye
It's not where our story ends
But I know you can't be mine
Not the way you've always been

As long as we've got time
This ain't goodbye
Oh no, this ain't goodbye
Oh no, this ain't goodbye
This ain't goodbye

You and I we're friends from outer space
Afraid to let go
The only two who understood this place
And as far as we know

This ain't goodbye
Oh no, this ain't goodbye
This ain't goodbye
Oh no, this ain't goodbye

This ain't goodbye
This is just where love goes
When words aren't warm enough
To keep away the cold

Oh no, this ain't goodbye
It's not where our story ends
But I know you can't be mine
Not the way you've always been
Oh no, don't say it
Don't say goodbye







I hope that was well explained. If you listen to the lyrics, I can garentee you'll find a correlation between the two subjects.


Now to some more crazy stuff.............................................................................



We went to a monster truck show today, and I can tell ya this- people are SO DANG LAZY! There was enough popcorn on the floor to feed our school! I don't know about you, but I would be ticked if it was my job to clean that up. It goes back to the lunch ladies again. Neither one of these two different people are treated with the amount of respect they diserve. It's just so messed up!


Next, on the way home on the freeway, we saw passed by an unusual display. The single passenger, the driver, was wearing headphones, and he was watching what appeared to be "The Office." Let me repeat that. He was a SINGLE DRIVER with HEADPHONES on, driving on the FREEWAY, WATCHING The Office. That is some pretty irresponsible driving! That puts someones life in danger! My mom was going to report him, but she could find the number to do so. So now, if there are any crashes on the news, you now know who caused it.


Idiot.


Next up on my to-mock list is Go-Gurt. They have questions about the show "Spongeob Squarepants" on there. This would be quite a fun challenge. Right next to King of the Hill, me and my brother watch the show a lot. I could complete quotes even. But sadly, the tube only provides mediocre questions like "who lives in a pineapple " while providing a close up picture on the character. If you have watched just one episode, you will know that the answer is Spongebob. It's apparent throughout the show and it even tells you in the theme song! They need to provide questions like, "In which of these episodes does Patrick say this? Liar, Liar, plants for hire?" (He says it on "Life of Crime" I think.) Those would be good questions! Challenge us Go-Gurt!


The last thing I want to ramble on about is, once again, music. The app "Tap Tap Revenge" is going to the dogs. Its line of free songs have gotten progressively worse as they've succumbed to senseless pop music. They've given a horrible song by Dev, a partying, drinking, sex song, a pretty lame Tiesto song, (hes normally okay though) and, the newest release, a song by Jessie J. It is called "Do It Like A Dude." I imagine that it doesn't take much to know what 'do it' means. (If you don't, then maybe thats a good thing. Basically, it's a girl saying how she wants to have sex like a guy does. It's absolutely horrible. 
The thing that makes this all even worse is the rating.
13+
13+ references to drugs, alcohol, sex, nudity, and violence.
13+ FOR CRAP!


If you have been patient enough to read my rambles, then I deeply appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment