Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Songs that stand out as different (To me at least.)

This is a list of songs that stand out to me for an infinite amount of reasons.

"I Got the Magic" by B.o.B. featuring Rivers Cuomo.
This is a fun song because of it's beat, lyrics, and positive feel. Simply put, this song is about being extraordinary. It has Weezer's front-man Rivers Cuomo singing the chorus. The amazing thing about the song is is that it's a rap song. Yes, a Rap song. It has slight hip-hop feel, but it's rap. It doesn't swear, talk about sex, drinking, drugs, or anything else immoral.

"Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva.

This hard rock song is very original in my opinion. The singer is an announcer introducing everyone to the show they're about to see. I first heard this song in illusionist show, so I imagine the show being just that. But the music video shows two woman in there undergarments boxing. Not only is that inappropriate, it's a TERRIBLE interpretation of the song. So, except for the music video, this song is clean and very creative. Seriously, it doesn't talk about immorality. Amazing!

"Chicken Fried" by Zac Brown Band.

This is a country song about loving life and freedom. It's very enjoyable.

"Where the Boat Leaves From" by Zac Brown Band.

Another song that I love by this band. It talks about relaxing and not worrying about life. It's like a vacation song.

"Pyromania" by Cascada.

Excerpt from Wikipedia-
A type of impulse control disorder, pyromania is an impulse to deliberately start fires to relieve tension and typically includes feelings of gratification or relief afterward. The term pyromania comes from the Greek word pyr (fire). Pyromania is distinct from arson, and pyromaniacs are also distinct from those who start fires because of psychosis, for personal, monetary or political gain, or for acts of revenge. Pyromaniacs start fires to induce euphoria, and often fixate on institutions of fire control like fire stations and firefighters.


The singer is talking about being a pyromaniac and all about her impulse.

I'll post more on later. Listen to these, before I do, THEY ARE AWESOME!!

3 comments:

  1. I read the lyrics to "magic" and although I admit to enjoying its catchy tune, all I read into it is a guy who rhymes meaning-less words and has a head so full of pride that its like he's ready to explode. He's comparing himself to Aretha Fanklin? Now I know she's old and you've probably never heard of her, but back in her day she was considered one of the best artists out there. She belted out tunes like no other, real talent. She would still fill a stadium more so than B.o.B today. The guy is full of pride. The song makes me totally roll my eyes and think, "how sad that kids have this dude as a roll model." I mean the guy used the word "flow" for floor. ??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Chicken Fried" - and I have to admit - I don't "hear" lyrics, I "feel" them. The music, intonation, and beat help me determine if it is something conducive to the spirit. It all boils down to which "spirit" we want for companionship. I have enjoyed reading about your interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cascada! :D Those lyrics made me laugh!! XD

    ReplyDelete