Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Story That Doesn't Have a Title at the Moment Part One....and more stuff.

Hey all you people! Below is the beginning of a story I'm writing. Tell me what you think.


Getting punched in the face doesn't do much good for your well-being. Then again, when thugs beating up a homeless guy, it's not like you can stand there and watch. I guess the better plan would've been to call 911 and have the police handle it, but what if the thugs beat the man to death? Then what? The police might capture the murderers and they might get a few years in prison, but that still wouldn't change the fact that a man was murdered under my watch. Was I going to let that happen? Absolutely not! Not when I could've done something about it. So, I threw caution in the wind and I tried to be the hero. Well, long story short, I ended up flat on the ground with a broken nose and slipped into unconsciousness.

Rewind to about nine o'clock of Saturday morning. The weatherman last night had told us that it would be a bright, sunny day. While that might have been true, I had absolutely no intentions of going outside. I wasn't even planning on getting out of bed for the whole day. It would be filled with reading comics, watching reruns of "The Twilight Zone," and eating as much junk-food as I could eat. Unfortunately, my whole plan depended on my mom being out for the day. She was going to spend the day with her sister, but she called my mom to tell she was sick and she wouldn't be able to come. Unfortunately for me, that meant she was there to be a parent, and she would tell me all the dangers of drinking too much soda, how t.v. was going to rot my brain, and other health nonsense. Honestly, I know the 'experts' tell people that drinking two packs of soda in a day isn't good for a fifteen-year-old body, but what do they know? I'm the kid here, not them. And since I'm the one with the fifteen-year-old body, I think I know perfectly well what is or what isn't good for MY body. I've tried to convince my parents of this, but they won''t listen. (One reason being that my mom is one of the 'experts.') So instead of what I planned to do, I was forced out of bed to go an "play outside" as my mom phrased it.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Honestly, if you've made the decision to keep reading, then you're pretty dang awesome. If you haven't...well, the people who read my blogs are pretty dang awesome people anyways, so I guess it's just a pretty dang awesome thing of you to do if you do decide to keep reading.

But anyway-

As I was sitting in church, I realized there were still some things I wanted to post, so I decided to add on to the original post.

First up, has anyone ever had to sit on the couches outside the chapel room or whatever? And if you have, have you ever noticed that the other ward seems to forget of your existence? When the other ward gets out, even if it's the prayer, they chat it up-LOUDLY.  You can pray even though you ain't part of the other ward! It's just a little frustrating because it's like a lack of disrespect. And it's not just by the kids, it's by the adults! If it's like a toddler or something, I don't even mind, but when an adult is talking just a few inches in front of me, it's disrupting the spirit. So, if you're ever in the same chapel as me, remember to BE QUIET!

That leads me to the next thing- I'M MOVING! After two years (or something like that) of living in an old, broken-down house, where we move will be an improvement! Seriously, the house I currently live in was built in the sixties. The pluming is messed up, the dishwasher doesn't work, half the light either won't turn on, don't turn off, or don't stay off. It's just SOOOOOOO great to be living somewhere more current. I'll still go to the same school, luckily. I'm actually moving like two blocks behind it. And does anyone go to the Creekside ward? That's the ward I'll be going to.

Since I'm moving, I have to get rid of some stuff like books, rocks, ect. So if anyone wants some rocks, polished and not polished, I'd be happy to GIVE them to you. (Meaning they're FREE!) I don't really know anyone who will want them, so this is my first choice. Also if anyone wants a parakeet or iTouch, I have to get rid of those too. (No, I ain't giving away my iPod for free.) I might be selling some other stuff too...Not quite sure right now. We might just DI it.

Thank-you all for your diligent reading, I appreciate it.

(Oh yeah, and my internet might actually WORK CORRECTLY! AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH I CURSE YOU INTERNET!!!!!!!!)

5 comments:

  1. That story is really good so far!! I like it and can't wait to read more.

    I WOULD LOVE ROCKS OR BOOKS!!!! I am an avid reader and a collector of everything so whatever you don't want I'll take. I'd also love your iTouch but I don't think I have the money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see... in books, I have three Choose Your Own Adventure books, A dinosaur encyclopedia, a state facts book, a a timeline of America, the Best Christmas Pageant Ever, The King of Kathmandu (of The Children of the Lamp series.) I have Silverfin, a young James Bond Book, When Santa fell to the Earth,and the first two 39 Clues books. I also might have more if they haven't been given away yet. Just tell me which ones you want and I'll bring them. (Meet me after school at locker 133. (The lockers by the office.) I'll also bring some rocks. And I'm selling my iPod at a minimum of 120 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really good so far! Made me laugh at the first sentance! :D "Getting punched in the face doesn't do much good for your well-being." - lol

    Have fun moving! :D (Yeah, I'm a bit late...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I can meet you after school but definitely before school. (I ride the bus.) I love choose your own adventure books and the dinosaur encyclopedia would be cool. I own most of the others though so yah.. Just let me know and I'll meet you when we get back from spring break.

    ReplyDelete