Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bike

This is so worthy of my attention that I need to post it. I got a new bike! After a time of like, two years, my dad finally got one. He had been promising to get me one since my old one had broken down. It had taken awhile, but I knew it was on his mind since he showed me the one he wanted to get. (A black road bike.) There were some certain problems in getting that bike though, so we had to search for a different one. What we found instead was a silver road bike laying around at a pawn shop. This one isn't new, but it might as well be. It has really nice brakes instead of the ones that squeeze the wheel. It has a good frame, the seat isn't hard, and it only weighs like 28 pounds. My dad helped me put a speedometer on it as well so I could track distance, time, and length. I love this bike, and I have my dad to thank for it.


Despite the thoughts you may have right now, the purpose of this post wasn't to brag. The purpose of it was to express gratitude and to give you this small bit of info I'm about to give you. But first, a small anecdote.

Last Friday, Me and Brayden went to Wal-Mart. There wasn't any reason except that we could. There was only one small problem. All we had for transportation was a scooter and long-board. I, of course, rode the scooter, an exercise that took forever while simultaneously draining all the life from my legs. After that small trip, I realized that if I was going to get anywhere this Summer, I would need a bike. So the next day, I convinced my dad to look for some after his errands, and by Monday, I had a bike. Now I can actually get places in a reasonable amount of time! This is good because I have a friend who lives at the top of Kaysville, (Fruit Hieghts?) right by Burton Elementary. A trip up there should take like ten minutes now. Another friend will be moving all the way down to...well, I'm not sure, but judging by how long it took to get there, I'd assume in Layton territory, but he assured me that it was within the Davis boundry. I find this impossibal to believe, but he's for sure going to Davis, so I guess it doesn't matter. My cousin, another Laytonite, lives within what I assume is a thirty minute bike ride. Then, you've got the two people who comment on here. So by my guess, most of my friends live in Layton except for something like two, maybe four, so I guess it's now even. (Numbers may soon vary, but that was the for-sure answer.)

Again, I'm grateful for a bike.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Congrats! Bikes are fun, aren't they? Mine keeps having problems with the wheels and the brakes, so I don't get to ride it often. XP (Then again, we've had it for YEARS.)

    Anyways, have fun with it! :D

    ReplyDelete