Welcome!

I've come to realize I am lucky and blessed. :)

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Best Year Ever.

This ninth grade year has been bittersweet. It has been a love and a hate. It has been a battle and a journey. I have been faced with much adversity and have drowned in all the blessings I've been given. Overall, I look back at ninth grade as a great year. There are some things I regret and a whole lot more things I don't regret. I learned and improved some things. It's a sure thing to say that I grew a lot this year.

As I type up words over and over again, I keep trying to create a good order. I was going to write up about my classes, but that wouldn't get to my main point. I was then thinking about dedicating half of this post to seminary, but that wouldn't fit either. So, with a writer's block threatening to stop me cold, I'm going to get right to the point. My friends are one of the main reasons my year was so great. If it wasn't for all the support and companionship I gained this year, it would have nearly sucked. Writing wouldn't have meant nearly anything to me. A lot of my classes would have been lonely periods stuck in a chair. The only thing left would have been seminary. There were some hard times that I went through. I felt misery, depression, and sorrow during this year and you were the ones that outweighed it all. It was hard to stay miserable when I knew that I had friends that cared for me. This year, I've grown out of my secluded shell of silence. I'm a lot more open than I used to be and I can finally say I am no longer shy. Again, I thank all of my friends for this.

During the second term, I met Brayden who became my friend really fast. My mom says it's unusual that we're friends because we're so different. For instance, I was shy and he was the complete opposite. He could turn around and start a conversation with the person behind him. It's as if he was born that way, always being open and friendly when it was a growing process for me. He's even asked for some money from strangers before. He's the one who gets me out of my comfort zone a little. He's made me socialize a little bit and has made me do things I normally wouldn't do, such as hiking in the mud. I've only seen him act shy once and it was I who had to get him to act. He is extremely loyal. He hasn't left me for anything, not for his teachers quorum, not for other friends, not even for someone he likes! That is pretty impressive and I thank him so much for that.

Forth term is when things started to really get going. This is where I started talking to Serena. She has been reading an commenting on my blog and I had previously met her in seminary, but this is where I really started talking to her. She has makes me laugh and makes me so happy, it's impossible to stay sad when she's around. She's forgiving, kind, funny, a really good writer and I'm so glad that she's my friend.

I then met Julia and Mitchell who both make me laugh a lot. Surprisingly, I met all three in the same class, creative writing. All four of us would make a square in the corner of the room and it was fun. I looked forward to the class because of those people even more than I did for the writing. This was the one class where I socialized to a big extent and we were even told to shut up a few times which was a rare occurrence for me. I'm always respectfully quiet during class. I still talk, but it's always during a discussion or when I raise my hand. I guess the only reason for that was because I didn't really have anyone to talk to or if I did, they were too far away. I had expected CW to be one of my favorite classes, but not for different reasons. I did not expect that class to be where I made friends. Not at all.

Alex, another girl that also blogs and reads mine, is a good friend. Although I had no classes with her, I got to know her through her writing and I will miss her next year at Davis.

I have made so many other friends this year. It's amazing, actually. I will hopefully get to know them better than I already do as time passes by. People such as Bradley, Clytie, Chandler, Makayla, Shawn, Lauren (a guy,) and Ana. (Although, I think it's going to be awhile before I see her again.) I am so glad I met these people. (If I didn't mention you, then please forgive me because things will slip my mind sometimes. Trust me though, I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU!)

It has taken awhile to find friends that accept me for who I am and will actually socialize with me. Learning from past mistakes, I am now trying my best to hold on to these friendships instead of letting them past by like I let a few do in the past.

It makes me very sad to know that I will not be seeing a lot of my friends at Davis. I want you all to know that you have changed me for the better and I am so grateful that I met you all. I hope we can remain friends even when we don't go to the same schools. I just wish you could crawl into my mind so you could know everything I wish to say. Thank-you all for awakening the side of me that I lost or that has been revealed for the first time. It has been a divine blessing from God for you to be my friend and I am privileged to be yours. NEVER STOP BEING YOU! That is what makes you all amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to miss everyone! Creative Writing was amazing, and I'm going to miss our little group. (And Mrs. Barney!)

    ReplyDelete